Job Announcement: City Surveyor at the City of Olympia
SALARY: $84,593.60 - $102,814.40 Annually
JOB TYPE: Regular/Full-time
CLOSING DATE: Continuous (with first review by June 15, 2018 - 5:00 p.m.)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Olympia Public Works Department seeks an exceptional individual to fill the position of City Surveyor. The position provides Professional Land Surveyor services to the City; supervises and directs the activities of the Survey, Mapping, Utility Locating and Right of Way Acquisition Programs within the Engineering Division of the Public Works Department, and is a member of the Engineering Leadership Team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Knowledge of applicable City, State & Federal regulations and standards governing the division and adjustment of land boundaries, Right-of-Way Acquisition, and Property Right Title.
- Understanding of, and practical experience with property rights and Right-of-Way acquisition regulations and negotiations, Public Works procurement processes, standards and documentation practices associated with all types of Public Works projects.
- Ability to manage surveying, mapping, utility locating, and Right-of-Way acquisition for multiple public and private development projects occurring at the same time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills associated with the essential requirements of this position.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and mentorship of staff.
· To be considered, all applicants must submit a resume and cover letter by attaching them to your electronic application.
- The cover letter must be no more than two pages long and include specific examples of you meet the Ideal Candidate Profile (above).
- This is a continuous recruitment. To be considered for the first review, applications must be accepted by 5:00 pm, June 15, 2018.
- Only electronic applications are accepted at www.olympiawa.gov/jobs.
If you have questions about the positions and/or requirements, please contact Fran Eide, P.E., City Engineer, at 360.753.8422 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.