Glenville State College is seeking applications for a 9-month teaching position in the associate degree Land Surveying Technology and the baccalaureate degree Natural Resource Management programs within the Department of Land Resources. The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for teaching and advising in the program. The salary is competitive, but will be based on education and experience.
Examples of Duties
- Teach 15 hours of courses in land surveying technology per semester. Courses are dependent on qualifications and background, but will most likely include survey measurements and computations, retracement surveys, survey decisions/professional applications, hydrology, drainage and subdivision design, energy resource surveying and retracement surveys. Geographic Information System (ArcGIS), Computer Assisted Drafting (Carlson software) and Remote Sensing and Aerial Photo Interpretation.
- Evaluate and revise curriculum and courses for the land surveying technology associate degree program.
- Develop and implement professional development activities for persons employed in the field of land surveying.
- Assist with student recruitment.
- Work closely with business, industry and government agencies in meeting their workforce development needs.
- Work closely with the West Virginia Society of Professional Surveyors and the National Society of Professional Surveyors.
- Assist in writing grant proposals as needed.
- Assist and help oversee the departmental computer laboratory.
- Other duties as needed.
M.S. and an A.S. in Geomatics or Land
Surveying preferred. Occupational experience in land surveying
technology and prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level
desired. Education and/or experience in the area of forest technology,
natural resources, or environmental science a plus.
All applications must include a
letter of interest, curriculum vitae/resume, and names and contact
information (including phone and emails addresses) for five professional
references. Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/glenvilleedu/default.cfm or by email at email@example.com. Screening of all applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Glenville State College is proud of its commitment to affirmative action. Minorities, women, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.