The Geospatial group of ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking candidates to
support a diverse range of photogrammetric technical needs at our Fort
Mill, SC location. The successful candidate will support photogrammetric
mapping services for a variety of clients, including state departments
of transportation and local and state government entities.
• A minimum of 3+ years of direct stereo-compilation mapping experience in producing photogrammetrically-derived planimetric and DTM files
• Knowledgeable with Microstation and or/CAD software
• Familiarity with map editing, quality control, data formatting, metadata, and coordinate systems
• Able to communicate and interact effectively and successfully with supervisors, technicians, and other staff
• Other Desirable Experience Sought but not required:
o Familiarity with LiDAR data and/or editing
o Aerotriangulation software and processing
o Digital orthoimagery processing
o Quality assurance/quality control
o Direct experience with North Carolina DOT projects or similar work a plus
Produces photogrammetrically-derived map products to support design-level mapping for transportation engineering projects as well as other products for internal and external clients.
The essential duties for this job include:
• Maps planimetric features and Digital Terrain Models (break lines and mass points) directly from scanned or digital aerial photographs to create design-level files used for transportation design or other projects using a DAT/EM Summit Evolution digital stereoplotter.
• Evaluates new software and hardware.
• Installs project data and digital imagery for projects.
• Keeps abreast of technological changes in photogrammetry and related computer software and hardware.
• Operates a digital stereo workstation to acquire stereo-triangulation or digital terrain data.
• Updates spreadsheets and indexes for job tracking.
• Reviews and edits all graphic files produced and merges graphic files into project files for engineering design.
• Trains new and junior photogrammetrists.
• Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
The required competencies for this job include:
• View objects in three dimensions
• Higher mathematics
• Photogrammetry and systems
• Performing design/drafting work and preparing plans
• Evaluating products, equipment and material
• The use of photogrammetric equipment
• The use and support of personal computers and peripheral equipment
• The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems