The Geospatial group of ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking candidates to support a diverse range of photogrammetric technical needs at our Fort Mill, SC location. The successful candidate will support photogrammetric mapping services for a variety of clients, including state departments of transportation and local and state government entities.
- A minimum of 3+ years of direct stereo-compilation mapping experience in producing photogrammetrically-derived planimetric and DTM files
- Knowledgeable with Microstation and or/CAD software• Familiarity with map editing, quality control, data formatting, metadata, and coordinate systems
- Able to communicate and interact effectively and successfully with supervisors, technicians, and other staff
- Other Desirable Experience Sought but not required:
- Familiarity with LiDAR data and/or editingo
- Aerotriangulation software and processingo
- Digital orthoimagery processingo
- Quality assurance/quality controlo
- Direct experience with North Carolina DOT projects or similar work a plus
Produces photogrammetrically-derived map products to support design-level mapping for transportation engineering projects as well as other products for internal and external clients.
The essential duties for this job include:
- Maps planimetric features and Digital Terrain Models (break lines and mass points) directly from scanned or digital aerial photographs to create design-level files used for transportation design or other projects using a DAT/EM Summit Evolution digital stereoplotter.
- Evaluates new software and hardware.
- Installs project data and digital imagery for projects.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes in photogrammetry and related computer software and hardware.
- Operates a digital stereo workstation to acquire stereo-triangulation or digital terrain data.
- Updates spreadsheets and indexes for job tracking.
- Reviews and edits all graphic files produced and merges graphic files into project files for engineering design.
- Trains new and junior photogrammetrists.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
The required competencies for this job include:
- View objects in three dimensions
- Higher mathematics
- Photogrammetry and systems
- Performing design/drafting work and preparing plans
- Evaluating products, equipment and material
- The use of photogrammetric equipment
- The use and support of personal computers and peripheral equipment
- The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems