ESP has immediate openings for experienced Survey Crew Chief in our Cornelius, NC office location.
Essential duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the day to day field survey operations to provide accurate data for boundary/ALTA, topographic, construction staking, utility as-built and wetland surveys.
- Oversees and trains individuals to operate Trimble robotic total stations, GPS and data lectors and other survey equipment for use in the lection of survey data.
- Responsible for establishing control and performing construction stakeout as well as storing stakeout data.
- Provides clear and concise field notes (including sketches).
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Oversees daily maintenance of survey equipment, supplies and vehicle.
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment, and also be willing to work independently as needed.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include, but are not limited to:
- High school diploma/GED and 4 to 6 years of field survey experience.
- Experience with Trimble S6, S7 or S8 Robotic Total Station, TSC3 Data lector and Trimble GPS R8/R10 preferred.
- Ability to lect field data in an organized, neat and professional manner for various boundary, topographic, design and construction staking projects.
- Knowledge of boundary retracement, topographic & ALTA/NSPS surveys and construction layout experience.
- The ability to compute, process and map field data will provide the right candidate opportunity and advancement.
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D experience a plus.
- Skills in field data lection, good math skills and ability to work as a one man crew as necessary.
- Ability to travel through the week as the projects require.
- Valid Driver's License, good work ethic, reliability, able to lift up to 50 pounds, able to work more than 40 hours a week as necessary.
Background check and Pre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.;o++)r(n[o]);return>