Kitsap County Public Works Department is dedicated to making our communities better and safer places to live, work, and play. Our mission is to provide the citizens of Kitsap County with quality service in the planning, maintenance and operations of public works facilities. We are committed to delivering these services in a courteous, expedient, and professional manner.
The Public Works Engineering Division needs a Professional Surveyor to lead survey field staff! The ideal candidate will have technical land surveying experience including: land surveying, construction staking, geodetic and cadastral surveying, and the ability to coach and lead the survey field team!
This position involves professional and supervisory work in the field of land surveying. The incumbent is responsible for directing and acting as the survey supervisor on projects and activities within the survey section of Public Works. This is a supervisory position for personnel and projects in surveying of all county road and bridge projects and mapping of existing roads and rights-of-ways throughout Kitsap County.
Work assignments are received with general and limited technical instruction and require considerable independence in the selection of courses of action and resolution of complex or unique problems within the framework of accepted surveying and departmental policies, procedures and applicable regulations. Work is reviewed by the Engineer 3 for effective management through conferences, reports, and successful project completion.
Required Education and Experience
- Professional Surveyor; or
- Land Surveyor in Training and four years of related technical land surveying experience working under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Surveyor/Engineer; or
- Bachelor's Degree in related engineering field and four years related engineering/surveying* work experience working under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Surveyor/Engineer ; and
- One year of supervisory experience required; and
- Experience with AutoCad or Carlson survey software.
Note: Qualifications for this position must be met; no other equivalencies accepted.
For more information and/or to apply please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kitsap
This position is open until filled.