At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Provide surveying services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
· Provide guidance to Survey Technician, Surveyor I and Survey II staff members
· Plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, assign and monitor the work of field survey crews
· Supervise the collection of survey field data
· Gather field data under direction of a Surveyor IV
· Provide quality control and quality assurance by reviewing work
· Ensure compliance with KLJ safety standards
· Knowledgeable about survey methodology and equipment and competent in its use
· Provide oral and written communication and direction and carry out instruction when given
· Survey to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, titles, mining or other surveying related purposes.
· Construction staking, planning, reports, maps, plats, deeds, local geography, physical evidence, legal descriptions, and research
· Instruct, train, and mentor crew members
· Adhere to project budget and schedule
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
· High school diploma or GED plus eight years of experience; or
· LSI certification plus four years of experience; or
· Associates degree plus eight years of experience; or
· Bachelor’s degree plus four years of experience
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
· An LSI certification is preferred
· Experience with Trimble
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 95% of the time spent in the field and 5% in the office.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
· Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
· Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
· Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to ten miles per day
· Frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must
be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Closing Date: 08/31/2018
For more information or to apply, please visit: