At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Provide surveying services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
· Supervise the collection of survey field data
· Direct gathering of field data
· Responsible for quality control and quality assurance
· Responsible for compliance with KLJ safety standards
· Provide oral and written communication and direction and carry out instruction when given
· Plans, organizes, coordinates, prioritizes, assigns and monitors the work of field survey crews
· May manage multiple project teams in the field
· Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
· Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques
· Survey to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, titles, mining or other surveying related purposes.
· Construction staking, planning, reports, maps, plats, deeds, local geography, physical evidence, legal descriptions, and research
· Instruct, train, and mentor crew members
· May confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
· Adhere to project budget and schedule
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
· High school or GED plus ten years of experience; or
· Associates Degree plus eight years of experience; or
· Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience
· PLS certification is required
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 95% of the time spent in the field and 5% in the office.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
· Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
· Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
· Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to ten miles per day
· Frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Closing Date: 05/30/2018